1. Get to the bottom of it – Understand the source of the clash. Learn how to identify the root of the problem vs. the symptoms.
2. Stop issues before they start – Be clear when verbal and non-verbal signs of trouble appear and learn to address before issues erupt!
3. Learn to defuse a volatile situation – Regardless of the cause, learn to defuse and work on a resolution for the best outcome.
4. Keep your emotions in check – If you feel yourself getting agitated, be aware of how you are communicating and learn how to help others simmer down when in similar situations.
5. Always remain professional – Being objective in the midst of a conflict is empowering. It allows you to look at both sides and generate a positive, productive solution.
6. Communicate clearly to avoid mistakes – Remain calm and review thoughts before spouting out something that you may regret later. This will allow everyone the chance to speak, review and appreciate differences and begin to work together.